Know Your Pulse
Knowing your Pulse can save your life
- If pulse check were routine, thousands of lives, and thousands of debilitating strokes, could be saved every year
- Learn how to take you pulse now
Learn how to take your pulse now, watch the video above or download the Know Your Pulse guide
- The easiest way to detect an arrhythmia is to feel the pulse – uneven, too fast, too slow?
- Many people are affected by an arrhythmia
- At the age of 40, we all have a 1 in 4 life-time risk of developing AF which increases the risk of stroke 500%
- Thousands of people experience unexplained loss of consciousness each year, commonly a sign of a heart rhythm disorder
- There is no national programme of pulse checks or heart rhythm screening
The Know Your Pulse (KYP) campaign is our first national awareness campaign to improve awareness of cardiac rhythm disturbances. Many people are either misdiagnosed or not diagnosed in South Africa with potentially devastating effects. The 2 decades have brought a lot of advances in the understanding of rhythm disorders and there are cures for many abnormal rhythms. We aim to give you the tools to make sure you get the correct treatment.