Arrhythmias and the COVID-19 Vaccine - Answering patient questions
We put some of the patient questions received on email, social media and by phone regarding the Covid-19 Vaccine to a panel of medical professionals.
Chair: Trudie Lobban MBE Arrhythmia Alliance / AF Association / STARS (Syncope Trust)
Panel: Dr Jonathan Piccini, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Medical Advisor for A-A, Duke University, NC, USA
Ms Cristiana Monteiro, Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
The COVID-19 Vaccine: How Will it Affect Arrhythmias?
Trudie Lobban of Arrhythmia Alliance/AF Association/ STARS (Syncope Trust) speaks with Dr. Matt Fay, General Practitioner, Bradford, UK Trustee and Medical Advisor, A-A, AF Association and STARS about the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Key Points Include:
- Who should be vaccinated?
- How safe is this vaccine?
- What are the side effects of the vaccine?
- Will patients have a choice in which vaccine they receive?
- Will the vaccine need to be administered yearly?
- Will you still need the flu vaccine if you receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Is there anyone that should not receive the vaccine?
- Is the vaccine safe for those on anti-coagulants?
- Are there any medications with contraindications to the vaccine?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information