Information & Advice For Arrhythmia Patients

Find a Specialist

hearth rhythm specialist globe

Arrhythmias are usually first brought to the attention of general practitioners or doctors in emergency departments.  In many cases, a patient will be referred to a cardiologist for specialist expertise. This cardiologist may or may not have a specialist interest in heart rhythm disorders.  Cardiologists who specialise in heart rhythm disorders will usually also be called an electrophysiologist. If you are seen by a general cardiologist you may be referred on to see an electrophysiologist, but if this is not offered you can request specialist referral from either your general practitioner or cardiologist.

Before proceeding with any procedure, you should ask the electrophysiologist about his or her personal level of experience and results. A team approach to arrhythmia care is important and you should also ask about the number of cases performed in the hospital where you will have the procedure.

To find a specialist please visit:

Get in touch for more help and information

+44 (0) 1789 867


Send us your feedback

Patient Resources

To download our information resource and receive regular updates from Arrhythmia Alliance please enter your details below*:

No thanks

*Please note you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time

This link will take you to the site

Stay on this site