Terms and Conditions
The details of these Terms and Conditions refer to the use of this website and all other websites linked to this site. By viewing this site you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions.
STARS Funding and Sponsors
Supporting The Syncope Trust
The Syncope Trust, founded in March 1993, is an organisation working together with individuals, families and medical professionals to offer support and information on Syncope and Reflex Anoxic Seizures (STARS) relies on funding and donations from numerous sources, Trusts, Foundations, industry, public donations and individuals, for the continuation of its operations. In order to ensure its independence, STARS does not accept donations that are dependent on policies set by others. The Trustees exercise care that funding does not condition its priority setting, the mission, messages, or any other activities of the organisation, thereby ensuring the independence of STARS to carry out its mission and objectives.
Our funders including industry, organisations, Trusts and Foundations are of high standing and reputation, all of whom reinforce STARS overall mission and work, and help support the integrity of the organisation. Our working relationship is established on the basis of shared interest, transparency, trust, and mutual benefit. Funders and sponsors do not represent STARS as an endorser of any specific product or service, nor does any partnership imply STARS endorsement of a corporation, its products or its services.
STARS would like to thank all our funders and sponsors for their continued support of STARS work programme and look forward to working closely with them to improve the quality of life of people affected by syncope.
Copyright and the use and translation of STARS Publications
STARS publications in the form of patient booklets, fact sheets, and website are available for use and translation by STARS supporters. All STARS materials must be used in accordance to copyright law supporters must agree to its terms and conditions as a legally binding contract. Materials may be used on partner/affiliate/supporters website and/or for distribution to the public.
Where STARS translated materials and other documentation are to be used and distributed, written permission must be obtained from STARS before use. All materials must be reviewed, formatted, and approved by STARS before use. In these cases, supporters must submit a draft of the documents to be used and indicate where the supporter logo will be placed and any wording associated with it. Once approved, STARS will return materials with appropriate instructions for use.
Copyright and the use of the STARS Logo
Supporters may use the STARS logo on their website or publications to promote their affiliation and/or association with STARS.
Where the STARS logo is to be used in relation to a project, press release, website, or other documentation, written permission must be obtained from STARS before use. In these cases, affiliates and supporters are asked to submit a draft of the documents to be used indicating where the logo will be placed and any wording associated with it.
Once agreed, STARS will supply the logo to the organisation with appropriate instructions for use.
Terms and Conditions for Website Usage
The term 'STARS' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is PO Box 175, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 8YD. Our registered charity number is 1084898. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, images and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Campaigns and Events
All campaigns and events remain the intellectual property of Arrhythmia Alliance group (Arrhythmia Alliance, AF Association and STARS). These include 'AF Aware Week', 'Cardiac Update Meetings', 'Defibs Save Lives', 'Don't Fail on Heart Failure', 'Feel the Beat', 'Heart Rhythm Congress', 'Heart Rhythm Week', 'Know Your Pulse', 'Now is the Time', 'Whole Hearted', and 'Syncope and Falls in the Elderly (SAFE)'. Such intellectual property must not be used without prior permission and any misuse of these terms may result in copyright infringement action.
STARS is committed to preserving the privacy of its members through all our communications.
The storing and use of Personal Information
STARS obtains personal contact information when an enquiry is made to the Charity. An individual enquirer may subsequently become a member of the Charity. All contact information and correspondence from members and non-members, groups and organisations, is stored securely on file and electronic databases where only internal staff members have access.
STARS collects information which helps staff to identify enquirers when they make contact. STARS also monitors and uses information relating to our resources and services. This includes but is not limited to, the number of website visits, including individual web pages and the resources accessed and downloaded.
STARS uses information about patients and medical professionals to develop and provide support services, educational and promotional items, relevant to its members. After you join as a member of STARS, you will receive regular paper and electronic communications, advertising our current projects, campaigns and events. STARS provides its members with information that we feel may be of interest and relevance to you.
At any point, you are able to unsubscribe to these services by contacting STARS.
Every effort is made to ensure that no personal information is exchanged or used without prior consent from the affected individual, group or organisation. STARS does not pass on or sell lists of contacts from its database.
When you use our online resources, every effort is made to protect your personal details. If you donate to the charity, then this is done through a secure PayPal site. STARS also has a secure medical area on the website which is only accessible with a unique login and password. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Links to Third Party websites
STARS relies upon the expertise of the Medical Advisory Committee for publishing the best available data. In the first instance, STARS’s preference is to use data that has been directly sourced or approved by one of its committee members. However, information produced by the NHS, NICE, arrhythmia societies and other organisations provide a valuable source of national research, data and guidelines.
A list of Reliable Sources of Evidence is available upon request from STARS.
The STARS website has links to third party websites and web pages, such as affiliate groups and organisations. These links are provided for further information, but are only given where consent has been granted and the site link content has been approved by STARS. Third parties can seek permission and endorsement for links to be provided from the STARS website but the content of external websites and web pages are not usually under the control of STARS. These links are not necessarily permanent and can be advertised to members through various electronic communications.
If you have any queries regarding our terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to contact STARS.