Arrhythmia Alliance World Heart Rhythm Week (A-A WHRW)
4 - 10 June 2018
Fainting or syncope is relatively common and in some cases it can be a sign of an arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder) and should not be ignored. Arrhythmias can affect people of all ages and for some, fainting may be the first indication of a problem.
Did you know...
- 1 in 2 people will faint at least once in their lifetime
- 39% of children and 30% of adults are misdiagnosed with epilepsy - many of whom have an underlying, potentially fatal arrhythmia
- The number one killer in the western world is sudden cardiac death - often the only symptom is fainting
- Syncope and falls are the most common reason for older patients to attend A&E. It is estimated that syncope accounts for 10- 20% of falls which cause injury.
This World Heart Rhythm Week, our focus is Take Fainting to Heart. We are asking our supporters to help us to raise awareness of arrhythmias whether by simply sharing and displaying information, holding an awareness activity or by fundraising and donating to Arrhythmia Alliance.
Help us to spread awareness of arrhythmias this A-A WHRW
What can I do during A-A WHRW?
There are many ways to get involved:
1. Share & Display information about arrhythmias, the importance of Take Fainting Heart and how to Know Your Pulse at your GP surgery/pharmacy, school, workplace or community group. We have a large number of resources which can either be downloaded from our website, or you can order your World Heart Rhythm Week activity pack today.
2. Hold an awareness activity and take on the Pulse Check Challenge in collaboration with your healthcare centre, workplace or community group.
3. Fundraise for example by baking some goodies to sell, holding a coffee morning, quiz night or create your own event.
4. Or simply make a donation to enable us to continue to raise awareness and offer support:
By Text, text TFTH18 £5 to 70070 to donate £5 today
By Phone, please call us on 01789 867 503
By Post, send a cheque to: STARS, Unit 6B, Essex House, Cromwell Business Park, Chipping Norton, OX7 5SR
World Heart Rhythm Week in Parliament
On Wednesday 6th June 2018, we're spreading the word with stakeholders from around the UK at the House of Commons in Westminster, London. We are celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year, so come and join the celebrations!
To register please click here. Please note, places are limited.
SAVE THE DATE
AF ASSOCIATION GLOBAL AF AWARE WEEK 19 - 25 November 2018