Take the Fun Time Quiz (to print off) (answers)
Letter Puzzle (to print off) (answers)
- When someone is unconscious they are not aware of everything and everyone around them and they cannot respond to anything
- Syncope means “to cut off” in Greek- this is exactly what happens to the blood going to the brain- it is cut off!
- The vagus nerve is really long- it runs all the way from the head to down near your stomach!
- The youngest person to have blackout because of syncope was just 1 day old!
- People with syncope are just the same as everyone else and should be treated in the same way- don’t let someone feel unhappy or left out just because they sometimes blackout!
- About half of the population will have a blackout at some point in their lives!