AF Association Global AF Aware Week (AF-A GAFAW)
19 - 25 November 2018
Did you know...?
- One in four people will develop AF; it affects in excess of 16 million people worldwide.
- AF can be detected cheaply and easily with a simple manual pulse check.
- Every 15 seconds someone suffers an AF-related stroke, yet most can be prevented using appropriate anticoagulation therapy.
About AF-A GAFAW
Atrial Fibrillation, or AF, is the most common arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder). It can affect adults of any age, but it is more common as people get older. In the over 65 year old age group, it affects about 10% of people.
For this reason, we are promoting our Detect, Protect, Correct & Perfect campaign and asking all of our supporters to spread the word, whether this is by simply sharing and displaying information, holding an AF Awareness activity, or fundraising and donating to the AF Association.
What can I do during AF-A GAFAW?
There are many ways to get involved:
1. Share & Display information about AF and the importance of Detect, Protect, Correct & Perfect at your health centre, workplace or community group.
AF Aware Week patient friendly resources are available for download here.
Resources for Healthcare Professionals can be downloaded here.
International resources in other languages can be downloaded here.
2. Hold an AF Awareness activity to seek out and 'Identify the Undiagnosed Person with AF'. You can do this in collaboration with your healthcare centre, workplace or community group. We have a large number of resources which can either be downloaded from our website or ordered.
3. Fundraise & donate - why not bake some goodies to sell, hold a coffee morning, quiz night or create your own event. Or simply make a donation to enable us to continue to raise awareness and offer support:
For more information about investing in AF Associations work, please contact our office at 843.415.1886 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.