Arrhythmia Alliance World Heart Rhythm Week
4 - 10 June 2018
Fainting or syncope is relatively common and in some cases it can be a sign of an arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder) and should not be ignored. Arrhythmias can affect people of all ages and for some, fainting may be the first indication of a problem. In fact 1 in 2 people will faint at least once in their lifetime.
This World Heart Rhythm Week, our focus is Take Fainting to Heart. We are asking our supporters to help us to raise awareness of arrhythmias whether by simply sharing and displaying information, holding an awareness activity or by fundraising and donating to Arrhythmia Alliance.
World Heart Rhythm Week in Parliament
On Wednesday 6 June 2018 we attended the House of Commons in Westminster, London to raise awareness of arrhythmias and to celebrate 25 years of sister charity STARS (Syncope Trust And Reflex anoxic Seizures) to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
Hosted by Mike Gapes MP, we were joined by Healthcare Professionals, MP's and patients and were especially delighted to welcome Professor John Stephenson, Founder Patron of STARS. Thanks goes to the speakers who joined us and gave inspirational talks.
Please watch the presentations by our inspirational speakers:
Mike Gapes MP- Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group - Arrhythmias
Welcome & Introduction
Professor John Stephenson - Emeritus Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Founding Patron
The Inspiration Behind STARS
Dr Robert Sheldon - Consultant Electrophysiologist, Canada
STARS - A Truly International Organisation
A Patient's Perspective
Trudie Lobban MBE - Founder
Take Fainting to Heart
Professor Chris Mathias - Professor of Neurovascular Medicine and STARS Patron
The Impact of STARS - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
Help us to spread awareness of arrhythmias and AF this
World Heart Rhythm Week
What can I do during Arrhythmia Alliance World Heart Rhythm Week?
There are many ways to get involved:
1. Share & Display information about arrhythmias, the importance of Take Fainting Heart and how to Know Your Pulse at your GP surgery/pharmacy, school, workplace or community group. We have a large number of resources which can either be downloaded from our website, or you can order your World Heart Rhythm Week activity pack today.
2. Hold an awareness activity and take on the Pulse Check Challenge in collaboration with your healthcare centre, workplace or community group.
3. Fundraise for example by baking some goodies to sell, holding a coffee morning, quiz night or create your own event.
4. Or simply make a donation to enable us to continue to raise awareness and offer support:
- By Text, text AFIB01 £5 to 70070 to donate £5 today
- By Phone, please call us on 01789 867 502
- By Post, send a cheque to: AF Association, Unit 6B, Essex House, Cromwell Business Park, Chipping Norton, OX7 5SR
SAVE THE DATE
AF ASSOCIATION GLOBAL AF AWARE WEEK 19 - 25 November 2018