Terms and Conditions
Please note that in the context of these Terms and Conditions, Arrhythmia Alliance means the Charity or A-A, a UK registered charity under number 1107496. The details of these Terms and Conditions refer to the use of this website and all other websites linked to this site. By viewing this site you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions.
Policy statement on working with the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Industry
The purpose of the Arrhythmia Alliance is to provide information about arrhythmias that is freely available to all and written in a way that people can easily understand.
The Arrhythmia Alliance receives funding from a range of sources. These include successful grant applications, Department of Health grants, fundraising activities, educational grants from industry and donations from members. However, the charity does not advertise for other companies or organizations nor has ever received funding from advertising.
The Charity acknowledges the support from medical device companies and the pharmaceutical industry. However we do recognize that relationships with these companies should be approached with caution. The Arrhythmia Alliance does not permit any company with a direct commercial interest in arrhythmias to influence its activities.
As the leading source for support and information for both patients and medical professionals on arrhythmias we seek to uphold our reputation for integrity and transparency in all we do.
Copyright and the use and translation of Arrhythmia Alliance Publications
Arrhythmia Alliance publications in the form of patient booklets, fact sheets, and website are available for use and translation by Arrhythmia Alliance partners, affiliates and supporters. All Arrhythmia Alliance materials must be used in accordance to copyright law and partners/affiliates/supporters must agree to its terms and conditions as a legally binding contract. Materials may be used on partner/affiliate/supporters website and/or for distribution to the public.
Where Arrhythmia Alliance translated materials and other documentation are to be used and distributed, written permission must be obtained from Arrhythmia Alliance before use. All materials must be reviewed, formatted, and approved by the Arrhythmia Alliance before use. In these cases, partners/affiliates/supporters must submit a draft of the documents to be used and indicate where the partner/affiliate/supporter logo will be placed and any wording associated with it. Once approved, Arrhythmia Alliance will return materials with appropriate instructions for use.
Copyright and the use of the Arrhythmia Alliance Logo
Affiliates and supporters may use the Arrhythmia Alliance logo on their website or publications to promote their affiliation and/or association with the Arrhythmia Alliance.
Where the Arrhythmia Alliance logo is to be used in relation to a project, press release, website, or other documentation, written permission must be obtained from Arrhythmia Alliance before use. In these cases, affiliates and supporters are asked to submit a draft of the documents to be used indicating where the logo will be placed and any wording associated with it.
Once agreed, Arrhythmia Alliance will supply the logo to the organisation with appropriate instructions for use.
Terms and Conditions for Website Usage
The term 'Arrhythmia Alliance' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is PO Box 3697, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 8YL. Our registered charity number is 107496. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, images and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Campaigns and Events
All campaigns and events remain the intellectual property of Arrhythmia Alliance group (Arrhythmia Alliance, AF Association and STARS). These include 'AF Aware Week', 'Cardiac Update Meetings', 'Defibs Save Lives', 'Don't Fail on Heart Failure', 'Feel the Beat', 'Heart Rhythm Congress', 'Heart Rhythm Week', 'Know Your Pulse', 'Now is the Time', 'Whole Hearted', and 'Syncope and Falls in the Elderly (SAFE)'. Such intellectual property must not be used without prior permission and any misuse of these terms may result in copyright infringement action.
Arrhythmia Alliance is committed to preserving the privacy of its members through all our communications.
The Storing and use of Personal Information
Arrhythmia Alliance obtains personal contact information when an enquiry is made to the Charity. An individual enquirer may subsequently become a member of the Charity. All contact information and correspondence from members and non-members, groups and organisations, is stored securely on file and electronic databases where only internal staff members have access.
Arrhythmia Alliance collects information which helps staff to identify enquirers when they make contact. Arrhythmia Alliance also monitors and uses information relating to our resources and services. This includes but is not limited to, the number of website visits, including individual web pages and the resources accessed and downloaded.
Arrhythmia Alliance uses information about patients and medical professionals to develop and provide support services, educational and promotional items, relevant to its members. After you join as a member of the Arrhythmia Alliance, you will receive regular paper and electronic communications, advertising our current projects, campaigns and events. Arrhythmia Alliance provides its members with information that we feel may be of interest and relevance to you.
At any point, you are able to unsubscribe to these services by contacting the Arrhythmia Alliance.
When you use our online resources, every effort is made to protect your personal details. If you donate to the charity, then this is done through a secure PayPal site. The Arrhythmia Alliance also has a secure medical area on the website which is only accessible with a unique login and password. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Links to Third Party websites
The Arrhythmia Alliance website has links to third party websites and web pages, such as affiliate groups and organisations. These links are provided for further information, but are only given where consent has been granted and the site link content has been approved by the Arrhythmia Alliance. Third parties can seek permission and endorsement for links to be provided from the Arrhythmia Alliance website but the content of external websites and web pages are not usually under the control of the Arrhythmia Alliance. These links are not necessarily permanent and can be advertised to members through various electronic communications.
Arrhythmia Alliance relies upon the expertise of the Medical Advisory Committe for publishing the best available data. In the first instance, Arrhythmia Alliance's preference is to use data that has been directly sourced or approved by one of its committe members. However, information produced by the NHS, NICE, arrhythmia societies and heart rhythm organisations provide a valuable source of national research, data and guidelines.
If you have any queries regarding our terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to contact the Arrhythmia Alliance.