Medway Pacemaker Support Group
Saturday 15th July 2017 - Strawberry tea
Saturday 14th October 2017 - Phoenix Singers
Saturday 20th January 2018
Saturday 14th April 2018
Saturday 14th July 2018
Saturday 13th October 2018
Time for all dates: 2:00pm
Venue for all dates: Common Room, Post Graduate Centre,Medway Maritime Hospital
These dates are subject to alteration if the Hospital Management need the room we use, although of late this has not happened often.
We are very lucky because we have 2 physiologists come to our meetings and they offer advice, information and professional support. They also sit on the Committee. We are always very pleased to see new members and welcome anyone from other Hospitals, who feel they need some support either from others with pacemakers or professional along with a cup of tea and biscuit.
Aims and Objectives
We offer support, friendship and education to people with a pacemaker or an ICD or those who are about to have one implanted.
- We meet quarterly at the Medway Maritime Hospital.
- We were set up to support pacemaker wearers but now also welcome those with ICDs.
- We try and have speakers on a range of subjects.
- At least one physiologist is always present in case of any queries e.g. articles about pacemakers in newspapers.
- We ask for donations towards the cost of refreshments, we usually have a raffle and sometimes a bring and buy stall and we have raised money through donations to buy equipment for the hospital (monitors, event recorders and accessories).
- We find that chatting to people with similar problems helps relieve the worries that people have when first receiving a pacemaker or ICD.
- We always have a good time!
For further information please contact Julie Fear, email@example.com or 01789 867533
We would be pleased to hear from you.