Arrhythmia Alliance World Heart Rhythm Week will be held from 3 - 9 June 2019. Arrhythmias (irregular heart rhythm disorders) affect over two million people in the UK but by being heart rhythm aware, arrhythmias can be identified early. This World Heart Rhythm Week, our theme is We Hear(t) You. Our aim is to raise awareness of arrhythmias, to show that we listen to patients, want to hear their story and to provide support. We also want people to listen to their heart. Is it beating too fast? Too slow? Irregularly? That is your heart telling you that something may be wrong.
Why is it important to Know Your Pulse?
- Arrhythmias are the UK’s biggest killer causing up to 100,000 sudden cardiac arrests each year (over 250 every day) which is more than breast cancer, lung cancer and AIDS combined.
- Nearly 500,000 people in the UK have undiagnosed Atrial Fibrillation (AF) – the most common arrhythmia and are at increased risk of a debilitating or life-threatening AF-related stroke – the most severe type of stroke.
- There is no national programme of pulse checks or heart rhythm screening.
Something as simple as Knowing Your Pulse can save your life or reduce your risk of an AF-related stroke. It only takes 30 seconds and is so simple that people of all ages, young and old, can learn.
Together we can bring about change and ensure we all live healthier, longer lives.
How can I get involved in Arrhythmia Alliance World Heart Rhythm Week?
1. Hold and awareness activity and take on the Pulse Check Challenge in collaboration with your healthcare centre, workplace or community group. We can supply resources for your event which includes flyer, information booklets and factsheets
2. Share & Display information about arrhythmias and how to Know Your Pulse at your GP surgery/pharmacy, school, workplace or community group. We have a large number of resources which can be downloaded from our website.
3. Fundraise perhaps by baking some goodies to sell, holding a coffee morning, quiz night or create your own event.
4. Or simply make a donation to enable us to continue to raise awareness and offer support:
By Text, text HRWK19 £5 to 70070 to donate £5 today
By Phone - please call us on 01789 867 501
By Post - send a cheque to: Arrhythmia Alliance, Unit 6B, Essex House, Cromwell Business Park, Chipping Norton, OX7 5SR