Arrhythmia Alliance World Heart Rhythm Week
4-10 June 2018
Did you know fainting or syncope is relatively common, but in some cases, it is a sign of an arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorder) and should not be ignored. Arrhythmias can affect people of all ages and for some, fainting may be the first indication of a problem. In fact 1 in 2 people will faint at least once in their lifetime.
This World Heart Rhythm Week, our focus is Take Fainting to Heart. We are asking our supporters to help us to raise awareness of arrhythmias whether by simply sharing and displaying information, holding an awareness activity or by fundraising and donating to Arrhythmia Alliance.
Help us to spread awareness of arrhythmias this
World Heart Rhythm Week
What can I do during Arrhythmia Alliance Heart Rhythm Week?
There are many ways to get involved:
1. Share & Display about arrhythmias and the importance of Take Fainting Heart and how to Know Your Pulse at your GP surgery/pharmacy, school, workplace or community group. We have a large number of resources which can either be downloaded from our website, or you can order your World Heart Rhythm Week activity pack today.
2. Hold an awareness activity and take on the Pulse Check Challenge in collaboration with your healthcare centre, workplace or community group.
3. Fundraise for example by baking some goodies to sell, holding a coffee morning, quiz night or create your own event.
4. Or simply make a donation to enable us to continue to raise awareness and offer support:
- By Text, text HRWK18 £5 to 70070 to donate £5 today
- By Phone, please call us on 01789 867 501
- By Post, send a cheque to: Arrhythmia Alliance, Unit 6B, Essex House, Cromwell Business Park, Chipping Norton, OX7 5SR
World Heart Rhythm Week in Parliament
On Wednesday 6th June 2018, we're spreading the word with stakeholders from around the UK at the House of Commons in Westminster, London. We will be joining sister charity STARS (Syncope Trust And Reflex anoxic Seizures) who is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year.
To register your interest please click here. Please note, places are limited.
Coming up - look out for information for GLOBAL AF AWARE WEEK
19-25 November 2018, we look forward to working with you again.