Terms and conditions for fundraising activities
Thank you for your interest in raising funds for Arrhythmia Alliance. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they apply to all voluntary fundraising activity and you are therefore required to comply with them:
1. I understand that I am fundraising “In aid of” Arrhythmia Alliance. This means that I am acting “in aid of” the charity to raise funds, but that I am acting independently of the charity and this status gives me no authority to act in the charity’s name
2. You agree that you shall comply with any instructions or guidance provided by Arrhythmia Alliance relating to your fundraising activity.
3. You will be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activity.
4. You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending your activity.
5. You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, insurance, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
6. You will not do anything that threatens Arrhythmia Alliance’s reputation or name. If you do, Arrhythmia Alliance has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.
7. You agree to pay all of the proceeds raised by your fundraising event to Arrhythmia Alliance as soon as possible after the event (or at least within 30 days), and in accordance with Arrhythmia Alliance ’s instructions.
8. You may deduct any reasonable “out of pocket” expenses but only if agreed in writing with Arrhythmia Alliance in advance.
9. You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Click here for our Gift Aid Form.
10. If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to Arrhythmia Alliance, you agree that these may be used by Arrhythmia Alliance for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video has consented to their image being used in this way, or in the case of children you are confirming that you have parental permission.
11. You are not permitted to use the Arrhythmia Alliance logo or any Arrhythmia Alliance campaign logo in any form or on any publicity materials, without express written permission from Arrhythmia Alliance prior to use.