Arrhythmia Alliance (A-A): working together to improve the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life for all those affected by arrhythmias.
A-A is a coalition of charities, patient groups, patients, carers, medical groups and allied professionals. Although these groups remain independent, they work together under the A-A umbrella to promote timely and effective diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias.
Please browse below to learn more about our history and objectives.
- To raise awareness of cardiac arrhythmias
- To improve diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias
- To improve treatment of cardiac arrhythmias
- To improve quality of life for people with cardiac arrhythmias
- To bring together member charities, healthcare professionals, commissioners and their allies
- To advance the concerns and needs of all our members
- To develop the knowledge and skills base of medical professionals and professions allied to medicine
- To cultivate multi-centre and multi-disciplinary research
- To prevent sudden cardiac death in vulnerable groups
- To promote the value and need for cardiac pacing, implantable defibrillators, catheter ablation and other treatments for arrhythmias
- To prevent misdiagnosis in patients suffering from arrhythmias and transient loss of consciousness (T-LoC)
- To assess and quantify unmet need amongst those affected by arrhythmias
- To promote centres of excellence for arrhythmia diagnosis and treatment
- To secure better care, leading to a better quality of life, for individuals with arrhythmia